Re: Problem: installing hamm on laptop

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 10:15:14AM +0100, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > >     I installed hamm on some laptops and I never experienced problems.
> > > Now I do. The box it's a Fujitsu Lifebook. With the std kernel it
> > > simply reboots just after uncompressing linux, with the tecra one
>                                                             ^^^^^---\
> > > it locks telling me "Failing A20 gating". The slow-load install |
> > > disk reboots just like the std one. Any ideas?                  |
> > Tecra disks                                                       |
> Excuseme if I ask that, Joseph, but: DID YOU ACTUALLY READ MY MAIL? | :)

Actually it seems I MISread it...

I read that as "simply reboots just after uncompressing linux, or it locks
telling me 'Failing A20 gating'."  Which sounded like the tecra thing.  To
quote dpkg (the bot), I don't have a solution but I sure admire the problem!
Hope you manage to figure it out, I'll see if I can find some info and get
back to you.

(I really have to stop doing email when I should be sleeping..)

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.