Re: Debian New Maintainer Guide 0.1

lynosull@freedomain.org writes:
>I would like to publicly apologize to Josip and then move on.  I reviewed
>his article and recommended that he change "guy" to "person".

I think I should add that my impression of American English is that 'guy'
is often felt to include women; my sister and mother found it amusing when
New Yorkers said "Hi, guys" to them.

This is not the case in British English.

I don't want to enter the 'should it be inclusive' argument; simply to
point out that as it stands it is not at all so to many English speakers.
--
David/Kirsty Damerell, damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk.  All Hail Discordia!
|   | And then they came and took me out, The men of doom and malice:  |   |