Re: [scoop@freshmeat.net: gnumaniak 1.0]

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:

       Tom> This sounds very useful! Are we going to package it somehow?

       Ben> The problem is that one of the license requirements (3c (?))
       Ben> puts it into non-free.

   Again, the DFSG can't really apply to documentation. Look at the Perl
   FAQ; we'd have to put it in non-free if we applied the DFSG to
   documentation.

   This has come up before :)

If in fact there is an exception for documentation, could we please
add something to policy about this?  Currently the policy manual just
says

  2.1.2 The main section

   Every package in "main" must comply with the DFSG (Debian Free
   Software Guidelines).

with no exceptions at all (although a few additional restrictions are
listed).