X Installation

Hi Folks,

A few weeks ago I wrote in to ask for help in getting X to work for me.  I
have since succeded in getting it to work, thanks to those that sent help
via email, sorry that I never got back to you.

Because of my experiencein getting it to work, I can only draw one
conclusion:  Unless I was being *very* braindead in what I was doing, a
fresh installation of XF86 as included in slink doesn't work.  This is
as of -7.  I haven't seen -8 yet so I don't no if it works.  If this is
the wrong list for this sort of thing, sorry; if this is already being
discussed elsewhere, sorry.  I'm just concerned because we *are* suposed
to be frozen right now and I haven't seen this problem dealt with.  We do
after all need a working X in 2.1.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad