Re: Cluster Administration

Adam Di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:
> What do you think?  I've never tried to run dpkg in a chroot
> environment, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.  And with minimal
> hacks required to dpkg.

Nope, its just a fix of a long outstanding bug to dpkg.

dpkg --root /<exported root>

will not work without a fix or a workaround as described in the
bugreport.

We (informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) are trying to share packages via afs
for all pools, so we face just the same problems. Another big problem
here is that not all maschines are debian and none boot remote.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin