Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Manoj Srivastava writes:
> So, we need to move master into the free world. While master
> remains in a police state, I reluctantly grant that you are correct.

Every country has silly laws.  The fact that the US has one on crypto
exports that happens to be inconvenient for us hardly justifies calling it
a 'police state'.  Moving master out of the US may just put us in conflict
with a different set of whacky local regulations.

Why can't we declare that gnupg & friends are 'legally' part of Debian even
though they out of main for practical reasons?  That will take care of the
politics.  Then we can work on a technical fix that will apply not just to
the US export problem but things like the German law restricting certain
games.