Re: binaries compiled on slink don't run anywhere else

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 06:56:42AM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:
> I think missing __register_frame_info problem was caused by egcs.
> When egcs compiles binaries, it will produces __register_frame_info
> and so on, so it should be linked with libgcc.a of egcs, which is
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/egcs-*/libgcc.a,
> in case you build shared library.
>
> However, libc6 (and maybe other shared libraries) may not be linked
> with libgcc.a of egcs, so missing __register_frame_info happens.
>
> If this is the case of the problem here, the solution, I think, is:
>   - compile with gcc 2.7.2.3, not with egcs

Since gcc 2.7.2.3 still is the official compiler I cannot see the problem.
If libc was compiled with egcc this is not correct AFAIK.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg