Re: gnumeric started saving gzipped code

On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 08:51:06PM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> As far as I know, gnumeric (or rather the gnome-xml code used by gnumeric)
> as always saved gziped files. (said overwise: _not_ gziping it would be a
> bug).

But:

- it didn't do it until a few days ago.
- it cannot read it.

Maybe I wasn't precise enough. I have a file foo.gnumeric and work with it.
Upon saving it gets updated with the gzipped code. But the filename has no
.gz and doesn't get one. On reading the file again it says this is not a
correct gnumeric file.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg