Re: Unmet dependencies in slink

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I made a quick check of the Packages file from slink and found
> > these possible showstoppers:
>
> I'm guessing you only looked at packages in main?

Yes.  This is Debian.

> > I wonder what we're going to do about them.  Wichert, can you monitor
> > them?  I guess I shall files some bug reports.
>
> I'll try to keep up..

Thanks.

> > Package: crypt++el 2.84-3
> >   Unmet recommendation: mailcrypt

> I'm guessing mailcrypt is in non-us, so either this package should be moved
> to contrib or the recommendation should be downgraded to a Suggest.

crypt++el was in nonUS in hamm, too.  Yes, a Suggests would be apropriate.

> > Does anybody object about its removal?
>
> Do you mean with `its' all mentioned packages? If so I definitely
> object since I don't want to miss mutt. Also debianp-cd might be usefull
> if we ever want to produce CD-images...

Nope, I was only referring to the debian-cd package - the one you silently
removed from my cite...

Please tell me how debian-cd will produce slink cd's.  Currently it can't
and since I don't see *any* action wrt this issue from its maintainer/author
I doubt that it will be able to create such images in the near future.  We
have to face the true that currently we can't create slink cd images.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about its friends.