Re: freezing powerpc and sparc
In article <19981109233213.A3314@isr.uni-stuttgart.de>, Christian Meder <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 08:39:53AM -0500, Brian White wrote:
>> > > It's up to you guys. I was told powerpc was ready except it
>> needed kernel > > 2.1, which I okayed. > > I would like to see
>> Sparc getting frozen. If we don't make the release > we tried it at
>> least ;-)
>> No. Doing that means big hits to the FTP mirrors. "Do or do not.
>> There is no 'try'." <grin>
> Ok. I vote for 'do'.
Why the hysteria right now? Can't we do a somewhat delayed release of
sparc if need be?
Robustness and quality is all important. And a good installation
document for sparc and all ports. If you burn users with a bad
release, that's worse then never releasing. Waiting until it's good
is the best middle path. Remember RedHat 5.0?
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>