Re: Intend to package: gaby and gtksamba

Hi,

> GtkSamba  is a GUI  tool for the  Configuration of  the Samba, the SMB
> file server on  X11/Unix. It will read,  edit and write /etc/smb.conf,
> an alternate configuration file, or from a network. It uses the GTK toolkit.

The Samba Team has come with a tool that allows configuration through
a Web browser. The tool is called SWAT (Samba Web Administration Tool)
and is very promising.

I have done some work on the upcoming Samba 2.0. I uploaded to
project/experimental an initial version some time ago. A more
up-to-date version can be downloaded from ~peloy/REJECT/ in master (I
uploaded this but got rejected because of problems with the version
number, which was screwed by dh_make).

peloy.-