DSelect CD-ROM-selection

I think that it would be good to try to make the CD selection under DSelect easier for users (something like on SuSe Linux where you are prompted to insert an CD). During the first Debian 2 installation I needed about an hour to get DSelect to read both CDs (it complainded that the main binary dir was not available while accessing the contrib CD).
I am not a developer so I have no idea how complicated it is, but I think that is one of the most important things - to make the installation easier for users who don't know Linux and Debian well.
Anyway, I used a Debian 1.3.1 CD packed by CHIP-a german computer magazine first and I saw the installation procedure yet got much better from 1.3.1 to hamm.
Baltasar Cevc