Re: Grand Unified Installed Scripts

On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 01:59:40PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> >     a sinple question: who is working on the automated install
> > procedures? We talked/discussed a lot on the argument some months
> > ago and someone also said he was working on a prototype...
> > what happened?
>
> I intend to restart on this next week. I'm meeting iwj this week at
> SANE (anyone else going to that?) and hope to discuss this with him
> in person to clear up some issues / differences of opinions we still
> have. I have a couple of offers from people willing to help with this,
> but more people are of course always appreciated.

Here I am. I don't have *very* much time to code but I am pretty
good at perl/C/{insert here your favorite programming language}
and I can test/patch other's work. BTW, I am also one of the people
that started the whole discussion about 1 year ago and again 6 months
later...

My brain queue actually is:

1. make my packages ready for slink
2. have dtm to be the standard font-installer for debian
   (give it a look! http://pcamb6.irfmn.mnegri.it/~fog/dtm)
3. produce an easy-to-install debian (and make some money with it :)

Ciao,
Federico