Re: Upstream maintainer adding debian/rules

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> writes:

> I just wanted to make sure we agree. :-)

Well, you certainly scared me off.

> No, just list one or two of the worst, or say "this package isn't
> release quality".  I've seen a bug of the latter kind being filed by
> the appropriate package maintainer.  In fact, this was recommended in
> -mentors about a month ago, IIRC.

Maybe I'll then join that list too.

> The upstream and Debian .orig tarballs are identical, just the name is
> different.  You can eg. symlink them in your FTP site, if you want.

The last time I looked, the directory inside had a different name as
well.  Has this changed?

I'm now going to keep hacking the new version of DUMB and possibly
release a source package with the debian directory in a few weeks.
The .deb shall wait until I know who's going to maintain it.

--
Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@stekt.oulu.fi>, http://stekt.oulu.fi/~tosi/