Odd number X package revisions kill Netscape...

Has anyone else noticed this effect?  When I upgraded to .5, netscape
broke---complaining about XNLSPATH not being defined correctly.

When .6 came out and I upgraded, things started to work again.

I just got .7 yesterday morning, and it, too, has Netscape complaining
about the XNLSPATH and then bus erroring.

Are these packages being compiled in different places, perhaps?  Or am
I missing something as a result of the packages being split off?

Cheers,

Mike.