Re: Incompatibility between ncurses and libc6?

Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> > > Maybe you have a different copy, can you send lines 70-80 of this file to
> > > me?  I don't see any reason for a parse error in my (probably old) copy.
> > > This is where your compile is being killed.
>
> Yes, you do have a different copy, I should probably run my apt-get again.
>
> > Here they are:
> >
> >      70 #ifndef NCURSES_CONST
> >      71 #define NCURSES_CONST /*nothing*/
> >      72 #endif
> >      73
> >      74 /* Assume Posix termio if we have the header and function */
> >      75 #if HAVE_TERMIOS_H && HAVE_TCGETATTR
>
> Yup, that looks like a parse error.  I don't think #if is a valid
> preprocessor macro, but I may be wrong.  Personally, I would do it with 2
> separate #ifdef lines.  Does someone who knows this a little better than I
> do have an ideal fix?  I also don't have my C book handy, but when I get
> back to the dorm tonight, I'll let you know what I figure out (assuming
> someone doesn't beat me to it).

#if is correct, however if you use if you also have to use "defined()"
"#if defined (foo)" is aequivalent to "#ifdef foo".  Oh bugger, I should
have reported this as bug against the appropriate package.

#if defined(HAVE_TERMIOS_H) && defined(HAVE_TCGETATTR)

is fine - however in this case the HAVE_TCGETATTR appendix only
produces erros.  (at least in my case)

> Good luck,

I solved it already and am lintian checking the package right now.
Doh, I forgot to eat lately and getting hungry now.  args.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.