Re: Skipping the slink freeze and work on Debian 2.2 instead

Hi,
>>"Brian" == Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

 Brian> The only choice remaining (that I can see) is to announce the
 Brian> freeze way in advance so people know when its coming and can
 Brian> plan for it.  However, nobody seems to plan for it, so we need
 Brian> to have a long "freeze" period so people can do the fixes they
 Brian> should have done a few weeks before.

	That is not quite the case. Before the announced freeze,
 people were going around fixing bugs like there was no tommorrow (I
 remember the stress levels on IRC mounting as the deadline
 aproached).

	Some of us even held back uploads of new code so as to avoid
 freezing new, untested code (I am still holding out on some
 upgrades). However, when the freeze does not happen, it gets very
 frustrating.

	The outpouring of frustration should give a hint to the
 significance f the freeze day. If we truly did not care, you would
 not be having this discussion now.

	manoj
--
 Somewhere, just out of sight, the unicorns are gathering.