Re: Mozilla goes GTK+ instead of Qt

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 04:36:18PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I guess this is interesting news also for Debian.
>
> It's great news...  Now I have to ask, does this mean we lose collapsable
> menubars in Netscape and replace them with drag-off-the window like Gnome,
> keep them collapsable, replace drag-off with collapsing bars to Gnome, or
> make both support both?
>
> Guess which one I'd like?  =>

AOL!

GTK is nice, but not my dream being a user. I'd wish it would support
using the keyboard as well as Motif or Qt. And then i severely miss the
possibility of true tear off menus like in Motif and even Tcl/Tk. The tear
off toolbars are not very practical in comparison IMHO. Check out asWedit
and tkinfo for a very good implementation of tear off menus. This is IMHO
true ergonomics for the mouse impaired.

                                  Cheers, P. *8^)

--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------