Re: Mozilla goes GTK+ instead of Qt

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Paul Seelig wrote:

> GTK is nice, but not my dream being a user. I'd wish it would support
> using the keyboard as well as Motif or Qt. And then i severely miss the
> possibility of true tear off menus like in Motif and even Tcl/Tk. The tear
> off toolbars are not very practical in comparison IMHO.

Both of these are solved in recent snapshots, I think. You can navigate
the menus by doing Alt-whatever to open them, then with arrow keys and
return. Also individual items have accelerators. There are tear-off menus
too, though few if any apps are using them yet. They look just like the
Motif ones to me.

Havoc