MIPS port

Hi,

I have an SGI Indy R5000, and I'm am interested in porting Debian to MIPS, we
currently have a RedHat distribution, but I would like to see Debian running on
it (hey, no offence Alex). I have a rather fast internet connection at school -
so uploading / downloading packages wouldn't cause me any problems.

I know that there are some packages already, but they're _really_ obsolete, and
I think the best thing I can do is to start from the very beginning again.

I hope that I will get support from you if I run into problems (I probably
will).

It would be nice if you could setup a page at www.debian.org/ports/mips and tell
all the people that there is someone who is working on this.. so I maybe can get
someone else interested in this project as well :)

Thanks,
Ulf