Re: missing files in mirrors

On 28 Oct 1998, Paul Stevens wrote:

> O.k. so debian mirrors are the way to go. But I find that it is
> increasingly hard to track the unstable tree from one of them.
>
> I generally use ftp.de.debian.org since it's the closest primary
> mirror but even there I find that packages are often missing even
> though they are mentioned in the Package files.
>
> For instance, I just tried to install 'fetchmail' and found apt-get
> complaining about 'no such file or directory'. So I checked by hand to
> see if there was an older version on the mirror-site, but found that
> there was no fetchmail there at all. (?)
>
> Perhaps someone could explain to me the procedure followed by the
> mirrors.  Until then, I'm pretty much forced to use the master site,
> alas.
The wordnet packages are a further example for a failing search.
I wanted to check if my upload was successful.  On ftp.debian.org
all files where on the right place but on ftp.de.debian.org ALL
wordnet packages where missing the new ones AND the old ones.
I tried ftp.au.debian.org with the same result.

Regards

          Andreas.