Re: /USR/BIN/CRON

--On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 11:13 am +0100 "Santiago Vila" <sanvila@unex.es>
wrote:

>> Yes, every daemon has the right to do whatever
>> it wants with its name.
>
> If this is true, it should be written in the policy.

I really can't see that this is important.

Where is it written in policy that sendmail may change it's name "sendmail:
accepting connections", or that ftpd may change it's name to "ftpd:
xxx.dialup.isp.net"?

Yet I have no complaints with this.  It's rather useful.

Why should policy mandate acceptable and unacceptable uses of argv[0]?

Policy doesn't mandate command-line options, does it?

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Debian GNU/Linux - "Microsoft *does* have a year 2000 problem -     |
|                      and we're it!" (paraphrased from IRC)           |