Re: We need easier installation.

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 05:14:19PM +0100, luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr wrote:
> > Maybe we should just have a "reconfigure" option to postinst, and have a
> > separate program to call that after installing.  eg:
> >
> > 	reconfigure smail
> > 		or
> > 	dpkg-reconfig smail
> >
> > And that will just run /var/lib/dpkg/info/smail.postinst reconfigure.
>
> what about dpkg --reconfigure smail doing this ?

Now there ya go...

A suggestion: If the postinst has chosen "safe values" but has an
interactive postinst, it would be nice if it told dpkg/apt/whatever (SOME
PROGRAM) that it could serve to be reconfigured so the user can later get a
list of packages which have pending configuration and pick which ones to
configure now...

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.