Re: How to change the From: field in bug reports

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:

> People, /usr/bin/bug is simply a (pretty smart) shell script. Look in
> the script to see how to change your "From:" address. I see that it
> tests if the environment variable "EMAIL" is set, if so, it uses that
> as the "FROM" value; otherwise it uses `id` and digs through /etc/passwd
> to get the gecos field and adds @`cat /etc/mailname` to make it fully
> qualified.
>
> To those who tried setting EMAIL and it apparently failed: you _did_
> remember to export it, I hope...
Oh dear.  It seems me that I didn't left my bloody beginner state.
I forgot to export.  Forget about that damn problem.  Sorry.

Doing the export EMAIL thing right I testet it via 'bug -d' and
recognized that also the postmaster adress is changed now.  That
would be quite a bit boring for the postmaster of our computing
center to get such test stuff!!

I suppose that the -d option shouldn't have any dependance from
the EMAIL environment variable.  Should I file this as a bug??

Kind regards

        Andreas.