Re: new xbase semi-broke X keymap

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 06:03:13PM +0300, Petri Wessman wrote:
> I installed the new xbase and accompanying stuff (xlibs etc), and a
> lot of things broke. I managed to fix most of them, but one thing has
> me stymied: my X keymapping is still broken. In particular, the right
> Alt key no longer seems to work as mod1, resulting in my being unable
> to access a lot of common chars on my (Finnish 102-key) keyboard. Any
> info on what has changed in the keymapping code, and whether this is a
> bug or something that I should configure differently into the new X
> setup?

Could it be you have problems executing xkbcomp? I had the problem with -3
and fixed it by linking /usr/X11R6/bin/xkbcomp back into
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!