Re: libapache-mod-perl_1.15-2.1.deb

Dan Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 01:05:42PM -0400, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> > Does anyone have a copy of this older version of mod_perl around?  I'm
> > having a beastly time with 1.16, and unfortunately can't take the time
> > to try and debug it.
> >
> > Email, or pointers to a web/ftp site, either is fine.
> You are?  I would appreciate details... I thought I had it working.

It was, kind of.  Mostly, at least.  But if you looked at perl-status,
certain of those pages were breaking, and when I enabled HTML::Mason,
it wouldn't find index.html files, and other random breakage.

Unfortunately, I've got to use vega as a development server for the
next few of weeks, which means I've got to have the same configuration
as on our production server.  That means you can't use vega for
working on mod_perl.

However, I think we've got a spare P166 with 64MB that I can set you
up on if you need it.  Just let me know.

> The .orig.tar.gz should be available from CPAN; the diff for -2 is at:
> http://drow.res.cmu.edu/~drow/libapache-mod-perl_1.15-2.diff.gz
>
> The only changes I can recall in 2.1 are the commenting out of the
> dh_strip and the dependency on apache-common in debian/control.

I only specified 2.1 because that's what's on our production server
is running.

I was able to find a copy on an out of date mirror.  However, I must
say I was impressed with our mirror network---I must have looked at at
least 20 different sites, and only this one (which I don't remember)
hadn't been updated in the last day.

Mike.