Re: ftp1.us.debian.org and FTP mirrors

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> It seems that ftp1.us.debian.org has had a recent surge in popularity, to
> the point that it was saturating it's outbound connection! Unfortunately
> this has resulted in it being shut down :<
>
> We have quite a few mirrors around the world, a partial list can be found
> at http://www.debian.org/~jgg/Mirrors please try to spread out :>

Hi,

Could we incorporate to apt some mechanism wherein all debian mirror
sites are in the source.list. apt will then try to choose which sites are
the fastest using ping.

Much better if apt could also refresh it's database of debian mirror
sites.

regards,

== ========== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
== ==    ==== Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836