Re: Deleting uncompressed Info/Doc files at upgrades

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:

> It means that the sysadmin has to create /usr/local/doc, and, foreach package,
> create a subdirectory in it and uncompress the files in that subdirectory?
> Then, after each upgrade he has to do the same? After each removal, she has to
> remember to delete the subdirectory?

I would expect that if a user is going to compile the examples, that
they would "cp -a" the subdir to somewhere they have write access,
most likely their home directory, and then do whatever they like.  I
wouldn't expect the users to be building in /usr/local/doc.