Re: Slink not installable from CDs

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 01:07:24PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:

> Avery Pennarun wrote:
> > Simply start with the most popular package, and pull in all of its
> > dependencies.  Then continue with the next-most-popular package that
> > isn't already included, and pull in its dependencies.  And so on...
>
> The disadvantage to that is that it may tend to favor packages which are
> more frequently updated, rather than packages which are more popular.
> Of course, I don't have a better suggestion, but it's still something to
> think about, even if we do decide on this approach.

Good point.  Of course, we'll know which version numbers are downloaded too,
so we can do some tricks with that...

I just wonder how many different mirrors (and which ones) we'll need before
we get reasonable results.  For example, I'd like to see logs from the APT
default sites much more than a noname mirror site...

Have fun,

Avery