Re: Deleting uncompressed Info/Doc files at upgrades

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	I would not have put it in such a zero sum game manner,

I'm not sure what this means.  Sorry.  Why zero sum?

>  Peter> I don't code in C yet, so it's not likely going to be me doing
>  Peter> the coding.  If that means I should keep my ideas for myself,
>  Peter> please let me know and I will do so forever (wrt
>  Peter> debian-devel).
>
> 	Nope, ideas are alwayes welcome (the only time I objected to
>  someone was when they demanded change, and turned abusive when
>  thwarted).

Didn't think I was being abusing.  So I don't think I warrant a `code it
yourself' type answer.

>             As you are aware, unless you do the coding, you have to
>  convince the authors (Ian and Klee, in this case)

And gathering support in debian-devel would be a polite first step.

--
As far as dpkg deleting /usr/doc/package/file or /usr/info/emacs-10
when upgrading /usr/doc/package/file.gz or /usr/info/emacs-10.gz, I'm quite

I add files /usr/local and /home.  The rest (except for conffiles), I
expect dpkg to take care of for me.  I don't add files under /usr, only
occasionaly uncompress them.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada