Re: Deleting uncompressed Info/Doc files at upgrades

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> >  Peter> But perhaps coding an '--handle-uncompressed-docs' that is
> >  Peter> disabled by default would be good.
> >
> > 	dpkg does not know that a file is a document, or have any idea
> >  of the information content of files in general,

True, but one could define the set of files potentially handled by my
hypothetical '--handle-uncompressed-docs' in an unambiguous way.  For
example, any file that goes into /usr/doc/ or /usr/info (and maybe
/usr/man?) could be defined as a "doc" for the purposes of this
hypothetical option.  Apologies for not being explicit about that.

In any case, while I think the idea is sensible, I know I'm not going to
get around to doing anything about it myself, so this will be my last post
on the topic.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042