Re: Bug Report?

Hi,
>>"Rob" == Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

 Rob> Jeff McWilliams <jjmcwill@yahoo.com> writes:
 >> How about sched_yield?

 Rob> That's exactly what I wanted.  I just didn't know it existed.  I had
 Rob> used "pthread_yield" in the past, but I think it was a hack, and it
 Rob> doesn't exist now.

	pthread_yield existed under draft 4 of the posix threads, but
 was removed in the final draft (10) which became the
 standard. pthread_yield() is not a POSIX thread function. The POSIX
 function to request a scheduler yield is sched_yield, which is part
 of the POSIX priority scheduling option (_POSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
 is defined in <unistd.h>).

	On the other hand, unless you're targeting a compute-bound threaded
application specifically to a uniprocessor system, I'd suggest avoiding use
of yield at all: it's usually just wasted time.