Re: PROPOSAL: one debian list for all porting efforts

Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org> writes:

> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
> > around compiling all the i386 stuff for the other archs.  But nobody
> > goes around compiling the stuff from the other archs for i386!  So if
> > I suddenly do all my package development on Alpha, the Alpha will have
> > the current versions, and perhaps the Sparc and m68k too, but i386
> > will be obsolete!  Fix anybody?
> I have been compiling the enscript package for i386, which Hartmut Koptein
> maintains on powerpc. So there are people doing this, it just isn't
> widespread at the moment.

Excellent.  Is there some sort of automated mechanism like the other
platforms have?  (That is, packages get automatically build on these
other platforms)?

John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org