Re: Deleting uncompressed Info/Doc files at upgrades

On Sat, Oct 17, 1998 at 09:56:24PM +0000, Rob Browning wrote:
> Zed Pobre <zed@moebius.interdestination.com> writes:
>
> Unless you're logged in as root, you're not going to be able to build
> these example files inside /usr/doc (nor should you) anyway, so you'll
> have to copy them somewhere else.  You can run gunzip on them then and
> there's no problem.

    Frankly, I think that's a decision best left to the sysadmin.
It's also not the only example.  Gnuplot also has example files
(*.dem) that cannot be loaded by gnuplot while compressed, which some
of them are.

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger