Re: PROPOSAL: one debian list for all porting efforts

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> to increase communication betweenm the ports and between porters and
> non-porters, I'd propose a new list:
>
> debian-porting
>
> alternative names:
>
> debian-ports
> debian-porter
> debian-porters
> or sim.

I fully support this proposal (The name debian-porting seems fine to me)

> Do you think this list would be useful or that the already existing lists can
> carry the load (namely debian-devel)?

IMHO, it makes sence to create a new list, since it seems 90% of the
Debian developers use i386 only...

	Vincent,
	(Currently installing hamm on his Mac. Quadra700)

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS    vincent@{{waw,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:        Open Hardware:              WAW:               -