Re: [owner@bugs.debian.org: Debian bugs information: logs for bug#26827]

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 07:00:23PM -0400, warp@whitestar.soark.net wrote:
> > meskes@feivel:~$ sudo su -s /bin/sh nobody -c "ls /"
> > Unknown option -s
>
> sudo? adding a unnessary layer here, but anyways..

Just to make sure I don't have to enter any passwords. :-)

> It IS implied that its FULLY gnu-su compatible, if it is not then it

Where did you find that? I never read it.

> should not provide su, very very simple..

But then gnu-su is not your standard su. As usually with gnu tools it has
much more features than the su you find on other unix versions. I still
don't see why this is important enough to warrant a removal of secure-su.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!