Re: Debian 2.[01] -- Only rudimentary support for Laptops?

Hi, Enrique!

> On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 02:40:38PM -0500, Alexander Kushnirenko wrote:
> >
> > 1. Official booting disketes - DOES NOT work (tecra also!)
> > 2. Official kernel 2.0.34 - DOES NOT work (constant reboot)
> >
> > The only thing that work was loadlin thru Win95 :(
>
> To identify the bug (and try to fix it) a little bit of info is needed.
> At which step is the system crashing? Before displaying the "boot:"
> prompt? Before displaying the "Color or Monochrome" dialog? Elsewhere?
>
> It looks like a kernel-related problem, and not one that applies to any
> laptop model.
> roblem:

In both cases linux kernel failed to be downloaded, so no installation menus
or anything.  OK, here how it looks like

1. When we reboot computer thru LILO it prints (after you press return):
suddenly black screen AND REBOOTS AGAIN

2. We put in bootable diskette, it first print that "Welcome, no garantee..."
messaage, prints boot: and wait for you to hit RETURN, after that same story:

AND REBOTTS AGAIN.

Sasha.