Re: Removing Gnome [was: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1]

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Craig Sanders wrote:

> maybe a compromise would be to leave the packages in slink, make sure
> the Description: field highlights their alpha status, and automatically
> close all non-packaging bugs (and forward them upstream if it makes
> sense to do so).

I hope this is what Jim decides to do... we really want people to try out
the Gnome software, even though it's alpha. Red Hat ships it for that
reason... bug reports can go upstream, or just be ignored if they've
already been fixed in more recent Gnome versions or Jim doesn't have
time...

If it's helpful, in the future Gnome could have a GUI splashscreen that
says ALPHA in big red letters. ;-) Alpha releases could even expire after
90 days or something... boy, would we get flamed for that. ;-)

Havoc