Can I create a sym-link in CVS?

I know this question is slightly off-topic but I don't know where else to
ask.
There are some files which are required in multiple places in the CVS
such as debian/kderules.  When I find bugs in such files I'd like to fix them
all at one go (otherwise I'll surely miss some and make things more of a PITA
for the next person).  Is there any way I can link a bunch of files in CVS?
I'd either like to have the equivalent of sym-links or hard links in CVS, or
would it be possible for the CVS database files to be links?
The CVS man page doesn't mention any possibility of doing this...

 --
I'll be in Denver from 30 Oct 1998 to 7 Nov 1998 (or maybe a few days longer).
I'll be in London from ~9 Nov 1998.  I'd like to meet any Linux users or