Re: gdselect alpha 3

Quoting Jason Gunthorpe (jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca):
> I think this idea of 'lets quickly do something fast' is ill concieved and
> is ultimately going to hurt our image. I've looked at the latest version,
> it looks rather pretty, it's slightly more functional than dselect but
> that's about it.. It doesn't support any of the more sophisticated things
> that people are clamoring for, and it requires X, GTK and a wack of ram.

But it answers the people who think dselect is ugly and unintuitive and
want something that runs under X. Perhaps an incremental approach is
good: a good gui for the existing product in this release, other
features in other releases. Maybe apt will be better, but we haven't
seen it yet (referring to the UI). Apt's been in development for a long
time, maybe some friendly competition will help. And why can't we have
multiple UI's to the package management system? This is linux: one size
doesn't fit all.

Mike Stone