Re: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 12:19:30PM -0400, Brian White wrote:

> vrwave            23436  vrwave should maybe go in contrib? [124]  (Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>)
> xswallow          25932  Xswallow should be in contrib [55]  (Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>)

	OK. These two are mine, sorry for not answering before.

- vrwave

	Vrwave should go into non-free, because the license does not permit
commercial use without prior consent of IICM. This is a pity, since it means
there will not be a VRML browser for slink in main. A real pity.
	This is my fault, I should have had more time to fix this (move it
into non-free) with a new upload, but I don't know how to do this? File a
bug against ftp.debian.org?

	Anyhow, there is another point here I would like to be cleared. Bug
#23436 states it should go into contrib because it depends on jdk1.1
I am not suscribed to debian-java (nor have time to read it), but I think it
is a pity that ALL java software (even *real* free ones) should go into
contrib just because there is not of now a java virtual machine that will
really work. This is not to say that I do not appreciate developer's efforts
on guavac, kaffe, or similar software.

- xswallow

	It depends on netscape since it is a plugin for it, I will try it
with mozilla though, if it works I might rename the depends to
to Depends: netscape | mozilla. If not it could be moved onto contrib.
	This is ok for main?

	Regards

	Javi