Re: Slink not installable from CDs

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Philip Hands wrote:

> Is something like ``Anything with a priority of extra gets put on the second
> CD'' a reasonable guess ?

Only in part.

Some packages should definitely be on the first CD even if they are extra,
namely the ones that are extra because they conflict with the "standard"
one. For example, I don't think putting a "popular" package like sendmail
in the second CD would be a good idea.

I mean: Just because smail is the current standard MTA does not mean that
putting sendmail in the second CD is a good idea. I'm sure there are a lot
of optional packages that are much less used than the "just extra"
sendmail.

> or should we make a list of stuff to go on the
> second CD based on some sensible criteria (if anyone can think of some without
> starting a flame war ;-)

I would like to let the users to vote on this.
Something like a survey, or a poll.

"What would you like to see on the first CD"?

--
 "c63f759c37d03eeccbe40a0ab8092398" (a truly random sig)