Re: PROPOSAL: one debian list for all porting efforts

On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 08:15:02AM -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> At 12:30 +0200 1998-10-14, Paul Slootman wrote:
> >On Mon 12 Oct 1998, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> >> :-)   debian/i386 is also a port!
> >
> >No. For 90% (I think more) of the packages it is the primary architecture.
> >The word "port" implies carrying to _another_ architecture. Hence the
> >package on the primary architecture is _not_ a port.
>
> To me it is a port, a port of Debian GNU/Linux.

To me, too. At the time I made the suggestion, I had in mind also i386
people who are interested in porting, but do not have any specific
architecture in mind. This would also help the communication
between the i386 folks and the porter "subset".

Marcus