Re: Packages that disappeared

Michael Meskes wrote:
> I noticed that some packages disappeared from the site. Could anyone
> enlighten me whether they are superceeded, not needed or whatelse happend?
>
> libstdc++2.8
> libg++2.8
>
> 	I know these are special cases since there is no source. But as long
> 	as we need the libs we need the packages, don't we? Or do we have
> 	recompiled everything? On my system there are packages depending on
> 	them (well I checked only libstdc++2.8 to be honest).

Dan Jacobowitz tried to make a libstdc++2.8 package, but he ran into
strange linking bugs.  The generated library appears to be missing
some symbols.

Please look at the packages in http://master.debian.org/~dan/ if you
think you can help.

> gnome-mico
> gnome-mico-dev
> libgtktty-dev
> libgtktty0
> xadmin

These were removed at the request of their maintainer.

> pentium-builder

I think this was never in main; it was uploaded to experimental.

> movemail

I don't know about this one.

> x11amp-static
> mp3.8hz

These were removed due to patent or license problems.

Richard Braakman