Re: Thoughts on installation

> The second problem was installing X (an issue which I get the impression
> is already being addressed). Basically the X configuration process died on
> me all 4 times I tried it during install, leaving .dkpg-new files
> everywhere, so the only option was to install only the base system, and
> then manually install and configure X later on.

I'm inclined to suggest that the create base-configuration bit should be
removed - I've always preferred to get all the packages downloaded first,
and then play about with getting X setup...

Maybe XF86Setup when it exits successfully should offer to set xdm to
start automatically?

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo