Re: [larsbj@ifi.uio.no: Re: copyright problem]

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 12:25:12PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> > > I don't think so. It is not enough for KDE, why should it be enough for
> > > LyX ?
> >
> > It's not enough for KDE because KDE includes things not written by the KDE
> > people.
>
> How can we be sure that LyX does not include things not written by them?
> And anyway we're not given permission to distribute it.

The intent was there, if clarification is asked for it'll be given.  There's
no need to be unnecessarily harsh on them because lyx uses xforms.  The
intent is and always was to use xforms.  The klyx package was merely a port
from one non-free lib to another and those who complained have in general
been more concerned with the forking and duplicated effort than the non-free
qt in use.

This can all be resolved reasonably if people stay reasonable.  (Please note
I use none of the software mentioned herein, so this is only an issue for me
as it relates to Debian..)