Re: problem with new icewm

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> I installed both packages. After starting X I found that the old name is no
> longer the one compiled for gnome which removed all my applets from the
> panel.
> I changed my setup to call icewm-gnome instead and re-created my
> panels but had to notice that the panel applet no longer works. Not only
> does it not appear, but no applet added after it will appear. I've set up my
> panel without the pager again and it works fine but I'd like to get the
> pager back.

Hmpf... icewm versions up to 0.9.13 weren't compiled for gnome either.
Well, they were gnome-compliant in some cases, like the pager, etc, but
didnt need to be linked against libgnome, etc. I thought this linking gave
some additional features (like the gnome menu), but didn't remove those
from the plain version which were available before, and since I dont
actively use gnome, I didn't test it thoroughly. I'll look into it.

> Also I would prefer an alternative setup for these two packages with
> icewm-gnome getting the higher one. Or even divided into three:
> icewm-common, icewm-gnome, icewm-nognome.

I'll probably do this.

Thanks,

Greg

--