Re: [ettrich@troll.no: Live and let live]

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 11:27:48AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 07:50:43PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I don't want to hide this mail from you.
>
> First it's "please take license issues to the license list" and now it's "go
> away, we don't want you here"...
>
> If I ever thought Matthias needed to be bludgeoned severely with a cluebat,
> it's now.  I have little respect left for him.  Fortunately, a few of the
> non-core KDE developers show more promise.  Hopefully a few of them will
> continue to try and make sense out of what is otherwise a good project, with
> a bad license problem.

Agreed. However, this was not an official statement. I wonder if KDE had
made *any* official statement in the past.

If they can't get together to answer our stance officially, I'd be oligued
to assume they agree. This is how things work (if you write to the pope, and
he or his priests don't answer single points, the single points are
correct).

Marcus