Re: Perl 5.005.02

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Andy Dougherty wrote:

> [ perl5.005_02's default library is now /usr/lib/perl5/perl5.005,
>   and might change with 5.006, etc.]
>
> > Any idea how to handle this properly ? Maybe we need a sort of perl
> > policy : package will have to install file under /usr/lib/perl5/debian
> > which would be a symlink to the current perl version ? But
> > this does not solve all problems... Better idea ?

After some thought, I think I'd recommend that perl5.005_xx retain the
same directory structure that perl5.00[34]_xx did. (with 5.005 in place of
5.00[34], of course).

Perl's default directory structure is designed to accomodate the
simultaneous installation of more than one perl version.  Since Debian
doesn't do that, there's no reason to put versions in separate
version-specific directories.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu
    Dept. of Physics
    Lafayette College, Easton PA 18042