Re: KDE gone, Lyx next ?

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 09:20:55AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 11:14:06PM -0700, Darren Benham wrote:
> > Has it been verified that lyx can't be linked against fltk?
>
> Just try and you see it won't compile. But I have not much knowledge about
> these toolkits so maybe someone can easily port it. Also I remember someone
> working on a gtk version. Is there anything out there?

There has been some talk on gnome-list of a gtk port. When it was last
mentioned, a member of the LyX team said that they were working on a
toolkit-independent layer. Once that is done, supposedly, it will be
ported to other toolkits. There is definitely some interest in porting
it to gtk (& probably gnome).

This says to me that the LyX folks are at least aware of some toolkit
issues. They should still be contacted on the license stuff, I'd say..
I doubt that the toolkit-independence will be done very soon, and they
should be notified anyway..

Peter
--
Peter Teichman  (Parenthetic Me)